I got to thinking (yes, that is the smoke you smell) – since I was awarded the thinking blogger award – what are some things that occupy the empty space in my mind.
So I decided to make a list of 10 things I think about – maybe it will become a meme, heh, and come back to haunt me.
1. I think a lot about my role as a mother (and wife). Sometimes I think about how things are going pretty well, but mostly I think about what I need to do better. Sometimes I think about all the wonderful aspects, and sometimes I feel so overwhelmed I can’t believe that God has sent me four of his precious spirits to care for, watch over, and teach. I think a lot about how to have fun with the kids to give them an enjoyable childhood and I think about how to discipline with love, so that even when I am spitting nails they have no doubt of my love. I think about keeping up with the house, and also about how the kids, Jacob especially, taught me that it is ok to let things go once in a while because they aren’t young forever. I think about trying to have a harmonious home for my husband to come home to after long hours away at work – and I think about what on earth I am ever going to make for dinner. 🙂
2. I daydream alot – make up stories in my head when I am driving someplace and the kids are being kinda quiet. I especially enjoy hanging out with my two favorite characters, Will and Belinda, and imaging their next escapades.
3. I think a lot about miracles and blessings, and about God and Jesus Christ. They occupy a good portion of my deeper thoughts as I contemplate all the marvelous miracles I have witnessed. I could never deny Their existance, not after all the things I have seen Their work in.
4. I think about things that I haven’t done yet that I need to do – those thoughts are like needles poking around in my brain – pestering and pestering until I finally get them done – things like gardening (it has been so rainy lately) and washing the dog.
5. I like to think about stories I remember while Iwas growing up – memories. I think sometimes I am afraid I will lose them, so I like to think about them often.
6. I think a lot about Congenital Heart Defects and the different groups I belong too, and about how I can become more involved (without it overwhelming the rest of my life, again that 4 kids factor). I think about wanting to make a difference in someone’s life – maybe just by being there. The knowledge that I can somehow make someone’s life a little better means a lot to me. I think about all the people who have had an impact on my life, people who may not even know it, and it forges in me a desire to be there for others. I think about all the heart mom’s and kid’s and others going through hard times, I think and I pray.
7. I think about my family – all the extended family, neices and nephews, sisters, brothers, and aunts and uncles.
8. Oh, and I think about chocolate….yummm! 🙂 – and of course pie too!
9. I think a lot about my HHH, and if I am showing my appreciation enough, cause he really is an amazing wonderful guy.
10. I think about music. I think about my piano students and what they need to learn and work on. I think about my own music and how it makes me feel. I think about what kind of music fits my mood on a particular day. Sometimes I don’t neccesarily think about music – I just think music. 🙂
What do you think about in the corners of your mind?