Seems like a bit of a funny title – no one is really happy to be the mom of a child with a defect or other health issues and challenges, but joy can be found even in the hard times.
2. I have a closer relationship with God, my husband, and family.
3. I have a new appreciation for life and the wonder of how glorious it is.
4. I don’t take as many things for granted – I realize every moment is a precious moment that can be lost and never retrieved
5. I have met a whole lot of neat people that I wouldn’t have met otherwise. Lets face it – no one WANTS to be in this situation but great friendships are formed because of it.
6. I remember to snuggle a little longer, and to never let the kids leave without a hug (they will love that as teenagers, won’t they?)
7. I realize that when I lack the strength to carry on, the Lord picks me up and carries me the rest of the way.